Job Description AutoNation Ford Amherst Position Overview
The Certified Technician performs vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards and builds Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in AutoNation as a care-giver for their vehicle safety and reliability. Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, other Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few. What are the day-to-day responsibilities
How will I know if I am successful?The performance of a Certified Technician is measured by achieving:
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician's tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as "special tools."
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
What are the requirements for this job
- Targeted production
- Targeted sales
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the opportunities for career growth?Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Technician role. Opportunities may include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience as an automotive technician
- Automotive technical training (varies based on store needs)
- Attention to detail
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Master-Certified Technician
- Service Advisor
- Service Management
Posting ID: 559537397Posted: 2020-06-04