Production Supervisor, Paper - West Point, VA
4510-West Point VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
United States Production Supervisor, Paper - West Point, VACareer Opportunity:
The WestRock Paper Mill in West Point, VA is currently seeking a Production Shift Supervisor for the Paper and Shipping departments. This position is responsible for the successful frontline leadership of the daily operation of 3 containerboard paper machines, recycle fiber plant, and shipping/logistics to achieve maximum sustained safety excellence, environmental compliance, ensuring quality specifications are followed, and meeting or exceeding production goals. What you need to succeed:
How you will impact WestRock:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field with 3+ years relevant experience or High School diploma/GED and 10+ years related experience.
- Ability to work rotating 8-hour shifts.
- Working knowledge in Outlook Email, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel, with the ability to learn new applications.
- Computer working knowledge such as IT Basics, EPAM, PI, EKHO, Wedge
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to make decisions based on alarm or upset process conditions that may be critical in preventing major breakdowns.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Company and department requirements.
- Previous work experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Responsible for demonstrating safety leadership, maintaining safe work practices in department, and promoting safety engagement with all crew members to eliminate safety incidents.
- Delivers environmental excellence and compliance to both the letter and the spirit of the law. Supports all environmental initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for the product quality, workmanship of the crews, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Responsible for managing crews and equipment to maximize reliability and machine efficiencies. Helps troubleshoot issues and coordinate supporting resources.
- Provide leadership and coaching to rotating shift operational crews in the Paper and Shipping Departments.
- Facilitate the training of each crew member to maximize operator proficiencies.
- Initiates and supports safety, environmental, and quality incident investigations.
- Effectively communicates production information and issues to appropriate personnel through multiple channels.
- Directs the shift mechanical and shift electrical maintenance resources.
- Supports planning and execution of machine outages in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in all areas.
Posting ID: 559537448Posted: 2020-06-04