Assistant Varsity Football Coach JobID: 16626 Position Type:
Robichaud High School Closing Date:
Westwood Community School District - website
Additional Information: Show/HideWestwood AthleticsPosition:
Assistant Varsity Football CoachLocation:
Robichaud High SchoolStart Date:
2020-2021 School Year -Fall SeasonReports to:
Athletic Director and PrincipalWork Hours
: Hours & Calendar Will Reflect High School Athletics Football ScheduleEducation/Training/Experience
- Must be available to perform coaching responsibilities, games and practices outside of your contractual day. (Daily contractual hours will not be modified to accommodate coaching schedule.)
- Football knowledge and experience. Football coaching experience, preferred.
- Understanding of Michigan High School Athletic Association rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work well with High School students.
- Ability to communicate and work well with parents, staff and the community.
- Michigan Certified Teacher, preferred. Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
This posting should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position or that this is the exclusive list of job functions or expectations associated with this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Adheres to Varsity Head Football Coach's Request
- Complies with M.H.S.A.A. policies and department/district policies
- Maintains consistent communication with Athletic Director
- Develop positive self-image with athletics
- Attends clinics / workshops related to sport
- Utilize sound teaching methods to develop skills / techniques
- Demonstrate public support/loyalty for coaches
- Demonstrate positive team sportsmanship toward opponents and officials
- Demonstrates effective management of pre-contest details
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Varsity Head Coach
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Add, subtract, and multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.REASONING ABILITY:
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Work with parents and children of diverse cultural backgrounds. Develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community. Perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk or run; stand; use hands to manipulate or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions within the work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in both outdoor and indoor environments and is frequently exposed to extreme temperatures, wet, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. At times, the employee may be directly responsible for the safety and well-being of students and therefore must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations.HOW TO APPLY:
Human Resources /Job OpportunitiesSALARY:
Per negotiated agreement; paid through EduStaffNon-Discrimination Statement
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity) disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.