As a certified Safelite Technician, you will utilize our industry leading technology to complete vehicle glass repairs and replacements. You will champion the Safelite Spirit with your can-do attitude, caring heart and service mindset while striving to bring unexpected happiness to your customers by completing jobs with only the highest quality standard in mind. Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to have a happy work/life balance.
- Professionally install vehicle glass by using the Safelite Way of Fitting processes.
- Deliver all Safelite services provided at a Safelite Shop or Mobile Glass Shop in the most efficient and timely manner focusing primarily on safety, quality, and exceptional customer service.
- Deliver work orders, customer administration and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Safely operate a variety of vehicle glass tools including our True Seal , Ezi-Wire , and Glass Table System (GTS).
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations throughout the workday.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all scheduled customers using various forms of technology, including but not limited to in-person, texting or phone call conversations.
- Ability to recalibrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems utilizing Safelite tools and processes
- Professionally install power window regulators and replace side and back window glass.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the Safelite Way of Fitting.
- Ability to adjust to changes in schedule and work diligently and effectively with Customer Advocates and Dispatch to ensure customers are assisted in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn and perform cutting flat glass as needed.
- Provide customers with status updates for each repair or replacement scheduled.
- Begin each day successfully by adhering to our daily Check-In Check-Out process.
- Assist other members of your team as required.
- Present, promote and sell Safelite promotional items to customers.
- Report any unexpected damage, accidents, injuries, or incomplete jobs to Store Manager or Quality Manager immediately.
- Undertake any other duties given to you by Safelite Management.
- Follow Safelite policies and procedures on every job
- Fulfill all physical requirement of the job, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. for short periods multiple times a day
- Maintain adequate range of motion in upper extremities (shoulder, arm, elbow)
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Remain on your feet for extended periods of time
- The ability to operate a commercial vehicle safely and courteously, adhering to all Company policies and procedures relating to safety. This includes obeying all traffic laws and regulations and maintaining a valid driver's license with a driving record that falls within the Company requirements
- Follow Safelite's policy on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, cut resistant gloves, uniform, approved footwear, arm sleeves and nitrile gloves while working in the course and scope of your employment with Safelite
- Safely handle sharp tools and razor blades while working with and around hazardous chemicals
- Ability to remain flexible with hours and days trained/worked as workload fluctuates due to frequent changes in customer and business demands.
- Work in extreme temperatures
- Maintain a professional appearance as well as maintenance and cleanliness requirements on Company vehicles
- Work and collaborate effectively within your team and leadership
- Exhibit self-motivation with organizational and time-management abilities
- Complete all assigned training and certifications within the allotted timeframe
- Comply with hiring requirements and drug screens per company policy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Posting ID: 559537672Posted: 2020-07-14