At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have ambitious new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Space Park, Redondo Beach, California.
The SEI Adjunct PL manager will manage all aspects of the AMP L7, Sterling, Skylark, Seascape SEI CLINs including cost, schedule, risk, and technical performance and will be the technical and SEI interface to external USG customers for these subsystems. This role will be accountable to the AMP Adjunct Director for support in developing and realizing new business opportunities.
Job responsibilities include: developing and maintaining relationships with senior USG and contractor personnel; identifying, managing, and driving to closure technical and SEI cost/risk issues while ensuring mutual agreement of all stakeholders; ensuring successful requirements development, CONOPs integration, flight payload verification, sell-off, and test/integration with the spacecraft; supporting payload operations; and supporting ground system integration with AMP Ground Element.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the SEI and technical aspects of a complex payload insertion with an aggressive schedule. The individual will interface with SEI APM's, the SEI Chief Engineer, payload suppliers, IPT subject matter experts, and IPT stakeholders. The individual must be a strong communicator and able to track multiple, ongoing efforts. Candidate will exert influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 7+ years of experience in Systems Engineering (5+ with a MS STEM degree, 3+ with a PhD STEM degree)
- Active SCI clearance
- Experience in systems engineering, payload integration, payload development and analysis
- Experience developing and verifying requirements
- Experience with Earned Value Management System
- Advanced Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Experience creating and delivering briefings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing Space hardware development, integration and test
- Experience with payload delivery and sell-off on Class-A systems
- Extensive background in Payload systems or Comm Systems
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to cost, performance, and schedule requirements
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross-functional teams
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.