At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a talented security professional who will be involved in the day-to-day oversight and support of all security aspects of active programs. This position is located in Boulder, CO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and administering DoD policies and procedures in compliance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DoD Special Access Program (SAP) Security Manual 5205.07 V1-4, and NISPOM and will be expected to interface with the customer security organization. The successful candidate will study and implement federal security regulations that apply to company operations, obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies; prepare manuals outlining regulations, and establish procedures for handling, storing and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitors' access to restricted records and materials. The successful candidate must collaborate with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM and the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and other team members to ensure the security program is executed comprehensively, properly and efficiently. The selected candidate must have experience with developing and coordinating program documentation to include Fixed Facility Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures, TEMPEST addendums, and co-use/co-utilization agreements. The selected candidate must have the ability to support multiple security environments with diverse security requirements.
This position requires experience with personnel security, COMSEC account management, development and delivery of security education, conducting security incident/violation investigations and preparing written reports specifying preventive/corrective action taken, conducting internal audits, preparing visit certifications, and performing access control and physical security. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills. The position may require travel. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with a background investigation date within the last 6 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain SCI and appropriate program access
- 6 years of experience in Security, Business, Law Enforcement, or Criminal Justice with a Bachelors degree (4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree accepted); or 4 years of experience with a Masters
- Minimum of 3 years of security experience (including CSSO, FSO, CPSO)
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICDs, DoD M 5205.06 V1-4, and NISPOM requirements for protecting classified information; ability to develop compliant procedures for program execution.
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to apply customer specific policies, procedures, and implementation guidance
- Knowledge of personnel security standards for clearance eligibility and familiarity with the investigative and adjudicative process
- Proficiency in security databases/systems including JPAS, NCAIS, DISS
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and knowledge of standard business applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Self-starter able to operate independently with minimal supervision, while also possessing the ability to work well in a team environment and to assist and back up team members as appropriate
- Current, active SCI access
- COMSEC experience
- Experience in billet management
- Experience in physical security
- Experience in developing and delivering security education
- Completion of customer security training courses and applicable DSS DoD Security courses/curriculum (DSS CDSE Introduction to Special Access Programs (SAPs), DSS CDSE Orientation to SAP Security Compliance Inspections)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.