At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an individual contributor Principal Project Manager or Senior Principal Project manager (based on experience) in or Sunnyvale, CA facility. What You'll get to Do:
Support the Columbia / Dreadnought Launcher Program team as a project lead for engineering, test& integration, technical publications and field engineering activities. Includes leading team of matrix'd planners, analysts, schedulers, and technical personnel to achieve technical and schedule performance. Understands risk management, the uncertainties of production startups, and be effective and quick to influence / drive resolution to issues in order to meet program objectives. Travel is occasional to support technical reviews, meetings, and working groups. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
You must meet the following minimal basic qualifications in order to be considered:
- Principal Project Mgmt:
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or a Master's and 1 year of project management experience.
- Senior Principal Project Mgmt:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience or a Master's and 8 years of project management experience.
Candidates for either level must also have:
- The ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong commitment, collaborative approach, and demonstrated strategic big picture thinking
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated sound decision making and good judgments
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
- Experience with Navy marine systems development, military, and/or related Defense systems
- Experience with DoD Technical Documentation
- Proficient with SAP application
- Experience in Earned Value Management System Metrics
- Current/active DoD Secret clearance or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.