At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Job Description: Prepares, develops and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
The Program Scheduler will create, maintain and status network-based, Program Integrated Master Schedules in support of aerospace engineering development programs in an EVMS reporting environment using Microsoft Project version 2010. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in business, supply chain or engineering with 6 years of related experience in scheduling, or a Master's degree with 4 years related experience.
- Active, Secret DOD security clearance required - updated within the last 5 years
- Proficient in MS Project, Primavera P6, or Open Plan automated scheduling systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competencies for Success:
- Fully understands critical path schedule network processing, driven by logic, durations and date constraints.
- Experience with IMP/IMS schedule structure as well as schedules based on Work Breakdown Structures.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Statement of Work.
- Full understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) scheduling discipline and experience with developing schedules that integrate with EVMS financial systems.
- Ability to create and implement coding structures and use custom fields to generate schedule exception reports relative to the SOW, WBS, IMP/IMS, EVMS, time, manager, float values, etc.
- Experience with schedule health metrics, including the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Experience exporting schedule data to Excel and working with responsible CAMs to gather and report schedule status and productivity metrics per weekly and monthly reporting cycles, and in accordance with government IPRM requirements.
- Experience with critical and driving path identification and analysis.
- Experience with schedule risk analysis (SRA) software utilizing a Monte Carlo 3-point assessment.
- Experience resource loading schedules, including both labor and material.
- Exposure to MRP/ERP and shop floor MES systems with experience aligning program schedules with the manufacturing/production system.
- Motivated to work independently with minimum supervision, yet understands the importance of the Program Scheduler role in contributing to the overall success of the program team.
- Strong understanding of schedule baseline control with experience initiating program change requests to document and execute schedule changes.
- Experience with Milestones Professional software (or equivalent) to electronically create top level Program Roadmap or other schedule presentation charts.
- Familiarity integrating external customer or subcontractor program activity into the Program master schedule.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic, face-paced environment (ability to be flexible in an environment where change is ever-present).
- High energy, results oriented (commitment to follow up), self-motivated /self-directed, proactive, team player.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to learn from mistakes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with and drive deliverables from individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.