At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position supports our team in Redondo Beach, CA.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be responsible for the management of a wide range of fairly complex contractual and business issues associated with the execution of various types of Subcontracts. This person would need to coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users, exercise sound business judgement and work well in a team environment. Responsibilities will encompass the full range of the subcontract acquisition and execution processes including but not limited to:
- Developing subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions and fee plans for the procurement of specialized subsystems, equipment, materials and/or services.
- Preparing bid packages, conducting bidders conferences, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating subcontract provisions, selecting or recommending subcontractors, writing awards, and administering resulting subcontracts.
- Coordinating and collaborating with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users. In conjunction with the quality organization, evaluating and monitoring supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support the required delivery schedules.
- Negotiating and coordinating additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Identify strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations. Utilize process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation and warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manage performance of subcontracts, ensure compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Participate with contract administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. Review and approve supplier payments as needed.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 14 years of progressive subcontracts/procurement experience (18 years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree), OR a Masters degree with a minimum of 12 years of equivalent experience.
- Understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Must have a general knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting Regulations
- Must currently have and be able to maintain an active US Government DoD Security clearance at the Top Secret level
-Experience with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.