At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Senior Tool Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in El Segundo, CA
, where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Tooling Department in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive work environment.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- A successful Tool Designer (TD) shall be able to design simple to complex Tooling, Drill Jigs and Assembly Jigs, Dies, via Catia/NX to support production. This person shall be able to conceptualize these designs in 3D, detail the CAD model and detail the drawings for fabrication.
- These drawings shall be properly laid out using views and dimensions that are in compliance with ASME Y14.1-5 standards.
- The tool designer, while being the principle contributor and/or leader, shall work with internal/external customers, and colleagues to ensure that the design meets the customer needs and see it through each phase of the engineering process (Design, Fabrication, and Implementation).
- In addition, it is essential that this person have the ability to mentor less experienced engineers, work autonomously and in a team environment, adapt to processes and company policy while providing input or methods of process/design innovation.
- 8 years composite and/or assembly tooling design experience with Bachelor's degree or 6 years with a Master's degree (or 17 years' in lieu of degree)
- Proven record of tooling design capability and innovation at all levels of complexity
- Proficiency with NX or CATIA
- Ability to work 1st shift (5 AM to 3:30 PM) with overtime as required to support program needsPreferred Qualifications:
- STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Active secret clearance
- Experience with tool design in an aircraft assembly line environment
- Stress analysis experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.