At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager Systems Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will work closely with the Triton Team in various engineering functions, and suppliers to ensure the overall system meets all performance requirements and resolving technical and programmatic issues as they arise.
- Ensure successful oversee definition, implementation, control and validation of internal and external system interfaces for the Triton Enterprise.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team to develop specifications, develop test requirements, develop procedures, and execute integration activities to demonstrate the designed capabilities have been met.
- Partner with IPTs, System Test personnel, Flight Test personnel, Thread Leads and IFC Software Manager to build and maintain a cohesive team focused on technical execution within schedule constraints.
- Represent the IFC effort to senior NGAS and customer personnel.
- Work with the Triton SEIT Director to develop and implement long term strategies for improving interface definition and control using Agile methodologies which will enable rapid capability insertion and reduce time to field Implement tools, technologies, and procedure to enable more efficient integration testing.
- Manage and lead Integration and Thread Lead teams for Triton Enterprise.
- Work directly with Triton Enterprise Systems Engineering Manager and Configuration Manager to ensure coordination and collaboration between Integration Team and Requirements & Validation, Specialty Engineering and CM/DM teams.
- Drive commonality of tools, models, policies, processes and procedures across Integration teams.
- Monitor and advise the creation and modification of software to meet IFC objectives, inspect Sys I&II reports, oversee the creation and execution of Sys III & IV requirements, procedures, testing, and reporting
- Responsible and accountable for build changes related to all program specific capability requirements.
- Provide guidance and required documentation to maintain a current compatibility baseline.
- Support presentation of IFC related change packages to the appropriate control board
- Ensure consistent vertical and horizontal integration across the Triton Enterprise teams with respect to managing software and hardware compatibility and changes that may impact other Triton variant programs
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to execute system correction of deficiencies utilizing released Sector and Program Processes. Lead robust root cause and corrective action processes.
- Selected candidate should have experience with the validation and deployment of mission system capabilities
- Presentation skills to effectively provide status to internal executive management and customers.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo". Qualifications :
- BS degree in engineering or science and 7 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead integration and test of complex systems.
- Experience utilizing Earned Value Management System.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- BS Degree in engineering or science and 10 years of related experience or 8 years related experience with a MS degree in electrical engineering and computer science.
- Aerospace flight and ground software development and test experience.
- Familiarity with Triton or other UAS programs
- Past experience working on US Navy Programs
- Active TS/SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.