At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Components Division is seeking an Associate Production Planner
to join our team. This position could be located in San Diego, CA
and will be on 1st shiftJOB Responsibilities
Qualifications :basic Qualifications
- Move sensitive hardware from work center to work center.
- Performs shop order release, closure and reconciliation of parts in an ERP system.
- Kits items per BOM.
- Provide status of work in progress, material availability and production problems to ensure that personnel/equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Assists in preparing purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements.
- Assists with production schedules for multiple programs to ensure actual production meets scheduled requirements by working with Value Stream Leaders to ensure work center delivery performance.
- Analyzes risks to identified solutions and bottlenecks.
- Assists with updating visual management boards daily with detailed status by displaying schedule information relative to program(s) progress.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Perform physical requirements of the position: using pallet jack or other equipment to move parts weighing up to 45/50 lbs., as required.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint skills a must.
- Ability to share own expertise with others effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, proactive.
- US Citizenship required.
- Associate's degree or 2 year Technical Degree in related discipline.
- 0 - 2 years of recent production control planning and scheduling experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Manufacturing, Operations and/or Program Management experience highly desired.
- Reasonable knowledge of manufacturing, inventory, production, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows and ability to read technical data i.e., blue prints, schematics and other documents.
- Experience with ERP/MRP Systems (Costpoint a plus).
- Experience with scheduling software (Dynafact a plus).
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (Solumina a plus).
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply continuous improvement terminology/tools: PES, LEAN, Six Sigma principles/DFSS/Lean design principles, Value Stream, and Kaizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559537941Posted: 2020-07-14