Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a SW Engineering Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing full lifecycle of requirements gathering, software development, software testing, and deployment for the GBSD contract. The successful candidate will lead a team to complete the full software development life cycle in an Agile software development environment, including designing, developing, integrating, documenting, and providing testing of applications software and systems that support Integrated Data Environment objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of business tools and program portal enhancements. Collaboration between the teams, other software managers and with IPTs in the planning, design, development, and utilization of business applications and program portal capabilities will be highly important. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops utility programs. Ensures software standards are met.
Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
- Effective use of ESPMs ascribed processes and procedures
- Assisting program leadership in assessing, documenting and tracking of all new program requirements
- Preparation of project execution plans and identification of appropriate technical and business resources required
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Creation, review and finalization of the project Statement of Work
- Manage and track status of projects, metrics, financial budgets, and EACs; manage schedules and prepare status reports; and ensure project remediation and ongoing compliance goals are met
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDjobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance (In Scope) with a Periodic Review completed in the last 5 years and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
- Management experience in Information Technology, Engineering, or Manufacturing.
- Minimum 10 years of Leadership experience leading teams of 10 or more in an aerospace environment.
- Experience with software development, software application integration, practitioner or architect for software implementations.
- Experience leading multiple project assignments, and problem solving with integrated team including but not exclusive to the program manager, functional managers, and customers
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance (In Scope) with a Periodic Review completed in the last 5 years.
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Previous experience with design and development of multi-classification environments and system integration deployments.
- Experience with large scale Information Technology System Implementations and PMP Certification is a plus.
- Previous experience driving performance capabilities and implementing application portfolios.
- Experience with software development, software application integration, implementation delivery of product in our NG environment.
- Familiarity with engineering tools such as Cameo, Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket), Java, Python, and Sharepoint integration are a plus.
- Excellent leadership characteristics as demonstrated by high engagement scores via company surveys or past performance customer scorecards.
- Demonstrated experience presenting product development, growth or strategic plans to executive leadership or government customer.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills throughout all levels of the organization from individual contributors to IPT leadership to Program leadership to Customer leadership."
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.