Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector in Azusa, CA is seeking an Electronic Inspector to join our team. This position will start off and train on 1st shift and eventually move to the 2nd shift.
Inspects and/or audits electrical and electronic systems or processes to assure functional and/or visual conformance to applicable instructions such as shop orders, purchase orders, drawings, schematics, specifications, workmanship standards, procedures, etc.
Performs inspections and/or audits as directed by controlling documents to assure that the product or process is being, or has been done, in total compliance with overall requirements. May set up and perform test using specified equipment to verify compliance of components, assemblies, or special processes. Inspections to include witness or surveillance of testing, special processes, assembly operations or detailed operations. Under specified magnification, inspect workmanship for such attributes as placement of components, wire bonding, solder joints, wire routing, continuity testing, lugging, stripping, identification or other uniquely specified parameters. Prepares documentation to identify inspection status of items in-process or completed including preparation of various inspection documents including Inspection Reports, Acceptance Tags, Shop Order notations, associated floor audit reports, time summaries, etc. Affixes evidence of inspection such as stamps or tags to items inspected. Responsibilities include final review of purchase order, shop order and test data packages to assure accuracy and completeness and readiness for submittal to the Customer. Must maintain positive interface with Customer representatives.
Perform simple mechanical measurements not requiring set ups. May be required to assist in training new inspection personnel or other classifications of personnel in the implementation of self-inspections and/or in an empowered work team environment. Performs related and other incidental work assignments as required. Must be able to follow exacting written and verbal instructions. Assists in performing failure analysis. Performs source inspection at vendors plants when required. Uses electronic data processing or other types of computer assisted equipment such as bar code readers, computer terminals to input inspection results or read MM IS, MRP, QMS, etc. status, vision systems, etc. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required
- College or trade school with a minimum of 6 units in electronics
- five (5) years of related electronic inspection experience of which one (1) year includes the witness/surveillance of test operations, review and closure of test data packages including customer submittal and coordination of DD-250 and DD-1149 documents.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and application of standards such as Mil-Stds 2000, 454 and 105, NASA STD 8739, etc.
- Must be able to make necessary inspection set-ups and demonstrate a working knowledge of
electronic inspection and test.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret drawings and simple schematics
- Requires the ability to obtain all required certifications
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Active DoD Security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.