Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent Program is seeking applicants for a Chief Software Product Manager, which is the senior software leader responsible for overall software product management including software planning, execution and delivery at our Roy, Utah agile software development center and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for leading the product development of GBSD team of software and firmware developers
- Have a superior understanding of Agile software development principles and lessons learned
- Have a strong understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and associate principles
- Have experience working on Agile teams in a leadership position across multiple teams
- Provide coaching, technical direction, and facilitation of the entire Enterprise software leadership team
- Lead the strategy and execution of product management and agile processes including scrum meetings, technical backlog reviews and software customer engagements
- Provide leadership direction and support to the DevSecOps Environment and Enterprise Services team
- Develop, monitor and support the GBSD Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline and utilize all tools to support software development
- Define, Monitor and Lead software implementation procedures to include static code analysis, unit-level testing and documentation in support of GBSD software development
- Support Integrated Product Team software and firmware development across the United States as the senior software leader responsible for compliant software delivery
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating software defects via root cause analysis and solution development across the GBSD software teams
- Provide highly innovative solutions to unusually complex technical problems
- Position will require up to 25% travel
- Ability to obtain active DoD Security Clearance at the SAP/SCI level or above
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD_Jobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in related industry (13 years with Master's STEM Degree; or 10 years with PhD STEM Degree)
- Experience in large-scale agile software development, and in the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in software development (C/C++, real time processors, Java, etc.)
- Leadership of large engineering teams across multiple geographic locations
- U.S. Citizenship with a minimum interim DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Proficiency in AGILE or C/C++ and real-time processing including: processes threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms and memory management required.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance required
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking and build release practices required
- Experience with development drivers and middleware (RTOS, Linux and/or VxWorks) and anti-tampering (cryptographic, secure comms, logging, SW deployment) is preferred
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Experience with test framework/application and system verification
- Active DoD Security Clearance at the SAP/SCI level or above
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.