Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Electrical Engineering Group within NGTSS division, responsible for the development of Spacecraft Harnessing, is seeking an experienced Harness Engineer to perform detailed Spacecraft Harness Design, including flight part selection, electrical schematic capture, and working with CAD personnel for Harness Assembly and modeling development.
In this role you will:
- Performs%5C technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total harness spacecraft design
- Lead Development of total harness product to include: concept, detailed design, fabrication & test support, installation support, and support of programmatic activities
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total harness subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
NoVASpace Qualifications :
- Bachelors of Science degree and 5 years of relevant experience or a Masters degree and 3 years of experience
- Experience designing/routing harness cables using Creo Schematic and Creo Parametric
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of total harness spacecraft design
- Experience in the design and documentation of cable harnesses
- Familiar with Harness Related Mil Specs and NASA specs
- Experience in developing and maintaining requirements and technical documentation
- Able to prioritize, execute and delegate tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.