As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector in Azusa, CA is seeking a Deputy Engineering Program Manager 3. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for direct participation in all phases of a new development classified program. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
Enable cross-functional teams to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
o Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. monthly Engineering Program Reviews and Business Area Reviews)
Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and proposal development
Assist the Program Manager in the negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions
Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
o Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
Ensure program team understands and adheres to the contract scope
Management of the team members to adhere to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
Management of the risk & opportunity team to include identification, mitigation and realizationQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) Field and 7 years' experience supporting Government contracts and/or project management in other industries
- Experience creating and managing resource plans to support cost and schedule requirements
- Active DoD Secret clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance and SCI program access is required
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and earned value management systems (EVMS) to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations. This also includes risk and opportunity management.
- Familiarity with optical sensors, mission performance and trending of key performance metrics
- Leading proposal activities including program extensions and opportunities to bid for additional fiscal funding resources to the existing contract
- Prefer a broad understanding of optical Payload technical capabilities and operations including ground mission processing and On-Board software processing
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with investigation within the past 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.