At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancement s in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Principal AI Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at one our Northern Virginia locations (Herndon, VA; Fairfax, VA; Reston, VA)
or Washington D.C.
The SME AI Software Engineer performs AI-related software engineering and development activities associated with designing, developing, maintaining, and enhancing Big Data analytic systems using an Agile DevSecOps model. Job Duties:
- Defines, develops, and delivers novel AI, mathematical, and statistical models and algorithms to address program needs such as prediction, optimization, and classification
- Collaborates with Database Engineers to ensure ingested data sets are capable of supporting AI model development by defining and implementing appropriate data labeling
- Applies machine learning algorithms to large sets of structured and unstructured data (during ingest and at rest) to address program needs such as applications in pattern recognition, target detection and tracking, machine learning and decision systems, and robotic/unmanned systems
- Develops prototypes for advanced artificial intelligence techniques applied to Multi-INT, big data ingest and analysis using tools such as Python, Spark, Scripting, Jupyter Notebooks, MATLAB, TensorFLow, and AWS SageMaker
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams as needed to integrate solutions into the integration environment
CIMS Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree with 9 years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; An additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Big Data Analytics and/or Machine Learning Frameworks (i.e. TensorFlow, Apache MXNet, and/or PyTorch)
- An Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance (or higher) with the ability to obtain Polygraph once hired
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, AWS AI Services
- AWS Big Data Specialty Certification and/or AWS Machine Learning Specialty Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions