Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Material Process Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
A Materials and Process Engineer analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications. Material analyses may include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications. May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
The GBSD Parts, Material, and Process (PM&P) Materials Qualification Lead will lead materials qualification across the GBSD Enterprise. This includes but is not limited to electronic parts, standard and non-standard parts, COTS, plastic encapsulated microcircuits, and EEE parts.
Responsibilities may include:
Select and qualify materials and parts for a national strategic deterrence program
Be a part of qualification test at the material, unit and system levels
Support the design and production of electronics and structural hardware
Interact with subcontractors as part of Parts and Materials and Process surveillance activities
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSD_Jobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree OR higher in Material Science, OR Materials Engineering, OR Chemical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 9 years experience with a BS Degree, or 7 years experience with a Master's, or 4 years experience with a PhD in Material Science, Materials Engineering, or Chemical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Experience with materials qualification of aerospace products
- Experience working on subcontractor management teams
- Active Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
- Masters or PhD is preferred.
- Experience in Materials selection for missiles or space environments and fabrication problem solving experience
- Experience with MILCON construction materials selection and testing, Materials Qualification experience
- Strategic Electronic parts Program Experience, TRITON Materials selection experience
- Practical working experience supporting integration and test (I&T) activities for missile systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of the English language is desired
- Active Top Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.