At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman's Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Principle Engineer Propulsion
for our SLS Integration Project Engineering team supporting several locations within the Flight Systems but home location would be the Promontory (Brigham), UT
facility. Role description & Responsibilities:
Responsible for overall Technical vision/direction and project leadership of the engineering team for the Booster Systems tunnel and Final Assembly utilizing the required matrixed resources. Job Duties:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Develop integrated project plans for implementation based on technical vision/direction including working with CAM to populate the IMS
- Responsible for the project plan including tasking support organizations via ETM and change management systems
- Interface with NASA Booster Assembly IPT
- PE candidate must possess the ability to create a strategy that works with teams at the Program level
- Make Technical presentations to the internal CCB's and SE&I Working Group; external IPTs, BITM and ERB/ECB
Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of model and drawing creation as well as GD&T
- Knowledge of engineering change process
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as internal, NASA and other external customers/vendors
- 5-7 years of experience working with rocket motors or booster assemblies including integration, design, analysis, quality or manufacturing engineering.
- Strong customer focus, initiative and commitment to meeting scheduled due dates including IMS, ETM and change management systems.
- Technical broad background of booster assembly and integration to generate the overall technical vision/direction for a matrixed team
- Masters degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles
- Working Knowledge of SLS configuration management system and board approval processes
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering and 9 years of experience or a Master's degree preferred and 7 years of experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, NGIS is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
NGIS is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you will be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D