At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancement s in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is looking for a highly Sr. Principal Cyber Software Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at one our Northern Virginia locations (Herndon, VA; Fairfax, VA; Reston, VA)
or Washington D.C.
The SME Software Engineer/Scrum Master leads, coaches, manages, and mentors scrum team members. Job Duties:
- Manages and performs technical planning and implementation of the Big Data analytic system, with a focus on user centered design aspects
- Conducts daily scrum sessions with the team to address blockers, and critical / major issues, and participates in the scrum-of-scrum sessions to ensure the user experience for the system is designed and developed to meet analyst and mission objectives
- Integrates Government and third party analytic and visualization technologies into the systems
- Identifies feedback opportunities, e.g. from testing, operations, analysts, and customers and incorporates as user experience improvements
- Supports system integration and user acceptance testing and addresses defects
- Conducts Sprint demonstrations for analysts and customer representatives, collects feedback, and incorporates into the Agile backlog
CIMS Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree with 9 years of relevant experience OR a Master's degree with 7 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant experience; An additional 4 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement
- Experience in an Agile, Microservice cloud based environment
- Experience with user experience design, concept design, and user interface prototyping
- An Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance (or higher) with the ability to obtain Polygraph once hired
- Experience with JIRA, Git, Junit, Jenkins, and Artifactory
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions