At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Sr. Principal Research Scientist
to work in our Promontory, UT
location. Job Duties:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Work with and lead a small group to perform the spectroscopic experiments
- Organize, interpret and document your data
- Analyze overall data for conclusions and present the results to customers
- Perform and maintain spectroscopic instruments
- Work with other members of the group in a team environment to answer rocket motor business related questions
Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- Understanding of analytical chemical testing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Expert of spectroscopic analysis include FTIR, Raman, NMR, AFM, and microscopy on energetic materials, polymers, rubbers and inorganic materials
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MS and Wet lab tests
- Demonstrated experience in DSC, TGA and thermal analysis
- Demonstrated experience to manage a small analytical research group
- Ability to write, execute and document test plans followed by scientist and engineer directions
- Experience with investigation and troubleshooting of Aerospace materials and processing
- Four years of working experience in a science field
- Must be able to qualify for and obtain a Secret clearance from DOD
- Experience in handling and disposal of energetic materials a plus
- Ability to write and publish scientific papers a plus
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of EPA and FDA regulation a plus
- PhD in Chemistry and 4 years of experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538003Posted: 2020-07-14