At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Cyber Systems Engineer based out of Roy, UT What You'll get to Do:
The Candidate shall identify and perform research, analysis, evaluation, development and test of technologies from industry, academia, and other government organizations, to include Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS), Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS), and open source technologies, for applicability to solving Cyberspace Operations deficiencies and capability gaps, improving existing Cyberspace Operations and enabling capabilities and/or generating new Cyberspace Operations capabilities. The candidate shall provide systems engineering recommendations and assist with the planning and execution of development efforts for complex software and hardware systems, and systems of systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position will be located in a Northrop Grumman facility in Roy, Utah. However, Temporary Duty (TDY) may be required to El Segundo, California for onboarding/training (up to 60 days).#LI-M-105
- Have fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications;
- Understand how their tasks fit within the overall program operational objectives and perform their work accordingly, have strong verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work well within a team environment, and strong analytical capabilities with the interest in applying troubleshooting skills and techniques to solve problems.
- Develop and document technical standard operating processes and procedures as needed
- Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Provide analysis, design, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance.
- Serve as a Cyber Security engineer (ISSE) supporting high-level technical and practical expertise
- Apply Cyber Security technologies, including COMSEC, COMPUSEC, EMSEC, and OPSEC, computer systems, digital communications systems, network protocols, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and techniques
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation
- Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for the program
- Creates milestones, metrics and monitors adherence to software plans and schedules, identifies problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or adapting to changing contractual specifications.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience with a Bachelors degree; 0 years of experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to obtain Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Experience in a Systems Engineering role with responsibilities in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and delivery of a system with Cyber/Information Assurance requirements.
What We Can Offer You:
- Bachelors or master's degree with a technical emphasis (e.g. Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, EE).
- Active CISSP certification
- IAM Level II/III certification (CISSP, CISM, GSLC, CASP CE, CAP, Security+).
- Experience with design, implementation, compliance, testing of cybersecurity controls
- Excellent communication (written and oral), negotiation and interpersonal skills necessary to support known ISSE activities/challenges working with engineering teams, management, customers, partners and government
- Experience with Model Based Engineering (Cameo preferred)
- Experience with systems engineering tools (DOORS)
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.