At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history- from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Strategy and Planning Director based out of our Redondo Beach, CA facility.
The Strategy and Planning Director will report to the Space Park Site VP of Operations for Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) and will be responsible for leading strategic site planning for the Northrop Grumman Space Park site.
Key functions include:
- Developing long term strategic plans to address program and functional workspace requirements in conjunction with long range strategic planning (LRSP) and other forecasting activities. Developing and evaluating alternatives to address potential needs.
- Leading efforts to facilitate space utilization planning and identify potential efficiencies in regards to office planning, lab usage, etc.
- Developing an approach to identifying, prioritizing, and funding capital expenditures to support Programs, Business Units, and functional needs
- Leading strategic development and planning for site infrastructure investments (upgrades, maintenance). Developing roadmaps for investments over time to address aging infrastructure, machinery, etc., to modernize existing facilities, to address long term strategic plans, and to improve employee engagement as related to Site operations.
- Leading real-estate planning and execution efforts to ensure alignment to Space Park Site facility requirements
- Leading trades to evaluate different investment options, in terms of cost, return on investment, risk, etc.
- Tracking and reporting status of capital and indirect expenditures in coordination with business management
- Addressing ad hoc site expenditures for emergency or emerging needs and managing the annual CAPEX budget for the site.
- Driving development and implementation of metrics to monitor and evaluate the "State of the Site"
- Serving as the key interface for collaboration with the support organizations needed to develop and implement strategic site plans (i.e. Facilities, Engineering, GSC, Mission Assurance, HR, Security, Communications, EHSM, Legal),
The successful candidate in this position will gain broad exposure across the Sector functions and programs. This position requires strong interpersonal skills in order to lead, collaborate and work effectively with all levels of internal and external executive leadership.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 15 years of relevant experience
- Active (in-scope) U.S. Government security clearances at one of the following levels:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret or SSBI level with a background investigation date within 6 years,
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years,
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Proven record of leading teams to meet quality, performance, cost, and schedule requirements
- Proven record of developing/implementing action plans to improve program and/or function performance
- Hands-on experience developing strategic plans for operations, business management, or facility management
- Hands-on experience of developing/Implementing budgets and long range plans
- Knowledge of Operations and Program Management (cost account management, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of work scope)
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward), organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Possess credibility to engage with internal and external customers
- Strong team-building/partnership skills
- Hands-on experience leading facility and/or operations personnel and managing facility modernization efforts
- Demonstrated ability to create inclusive teams with engaged team members and lead through influence
- Demonstrated ability to partner across organizational boundaries (i.e., cross-Sector, cross-site, cross-discipline, cross-function, cross-program) as part of a top performing team
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational layers, from individual contributor through Executive Leadership
- Knowledge of the Programs resident at the Space Park site, Business Units, Engineering organizations, and Site Functions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538029Posted: 2020-06-04