Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Highly motivated senior principal design engineer for pressure vessels assemblies with the following responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for development of flight hardware from preliminary through detailed design, drawing release, manufacturing, integration, verification testing, and delivery
- Responsible for the design of major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposals to internal and external customers.
- Create layouts and drawings of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning (GD&T)
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
- Support development of technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Apply current technologies and aid in the development of new technologies.
- Support proposal efforts and business development activities
- Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Analysis, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing) to create and verify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
- Preparation and release of engineering drawings to industry standards
- Assist in assessment and disposition of discrepant hardware and hardware anomalies
•Bachelor's degree from a STEM program and a minimum of 9 years' of engineering experience
•Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
•Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence
•Detailed knowledge of manufacturing best practices, including knowledge of machining, welding, and assembly
•Understanding of Aerospace industry standards and specifications and application to space flight components and drawings
•CAD solid modeling (experience with NX a plus) and drafting experience required
•Experience with Teamcenter or equivalent drawing configuration management suite
•Experienced with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•Proficiency with GD&T best practices per ASME Y14.5
•Experience with Configuration Management process for drawing release
•Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills are required
•Ability to make sound decisions
•Ability to multi-task
•Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
•US Citizenship required
•MS in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
•10+ years' experience in an aerospace manufacturing facility
•Experience with pressure vessel design and analysis
•Experience with machining and welding of Titanium and Titanium Alloys
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.