Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Principal Microelectronics CAD Administrators
in Engineering, Science & Technology (ES&T). The position is located at the Advanced Technology Lab (ATL) - just outside of Baltimore, Maryland - where we design, manufacture, and test semiconductor and superconducting products for internal and commercial production as well as emerging programs.
At Northrop Grumman our CAD Administrators enjoy working on a variety of assignments across a broad range of topics and varying complexity. The CAD Admin will be called in to help with developing the infrastructure for new and existing processes. He/she will also work closely with designers, developers, and physicists to understand what is needed and provide the appropriate support to help the team accomplish assigned goals and tasks. As a CAD Administrator at Northrop Grumman you can also effect change in how we build our infrastructure and deployment of our many PDK's and process development tools. See a better way to do things? You DO have the opportunity to make those changes here at Northrop Grumman.
The ideal candidate will have solid skills with software tools typically used in the design of microelectronics and experience providing CAD tool support to a design and software development organization.
Join us for the chance to work with an amazing, experienced, and talented team. We are expanding with new work on many development and production programs. If you want to work on a team where your coworkers are excited to come to work and solve problems, and where people are actively invested in their work - then Northrop Grumman's ATL is the right place for you. CAD Administrator Responsibilities include:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Collaborate with physicists, circuit designers and PDK engineers in the design, development, and utilization of EDA software to provide the infrastructure and user environment for microelectronic designs
- Administer configuration management software tools
- Provide design team basic scripting capabilities in SKILL, Python, PERL, Ocean, Linux Shell, etc.
- Interface with EDA/CAD tool vendors to solve bugs, usability issues, etc.
- Install new software and software updates in a timely fashion
- Administer local license server, gather metrics to optimize usage
- Implement and perform data backups, data recovery from backups
- Real time system admin support inclusive of server loading, hard drive utilization and user management
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical area (BSEE or other Engineering discipline preferred) with at least 5 years of relevant experience (or MS with 3 years; 0 years with a PhD)
- Strong analysis, design and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage change in a highly dynamic research and development environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- High attention to detail with ability to self-check work outputs and ability to lead technical projects
- Awareness of configuration management principles
- Solid working knowledge of the Cadence Virtuoso Design environment with front and backend flow setup and support
- Experience generating scripts (SKILL, Python, PERL, Ocean, Linux Shell, etc.) to provide capabilities within a CAD environment
- Experience working closely with other foundry functions in the pursuit of process excellence
- Active TS/SCI DOD security clearance
- ASIC Digital design flow setup experience
- Experience with revision control tools: IC Manage, Git, Cliosoft, DesignSync, Subversion
- Knowledge of high-performance/batch computing systems: Flowtracer, Moab, LSF, SLURM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.