At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Tool Die Making 1
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA
where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will work in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment.
The manager will supervise the team of employees on and off site involved in managing of repair supplies, tool inventories, tool repairs, tool calibration cycles and tool replacements for production. Manager will also be responsible for timekeeping, training, safety, capital accountability and forecasting growth for the Standard Tool Department in accordance with Company Command Media policies. Manager will be responsible for hiring and growing employees within the current team through Monthly, Mid year and End of the year evaluations through goal establishments. Manger is able to operate in a fast pace manufacturing environment. Manger will have the ability to provide purpose direct and motivation to employees. Manager will have the ability to task employees to accomplish tasks critical to the production floor. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED with 4 years of experience in a maintenance environment, manufacturing and/or leadership experience
- Knowledge of managing orders and status of replacement and repair tools to support customer's need
- Knowledge managing cost for employee budget
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Security Clearance issued by the DoD
- Bachelor's Degree STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) field
- 1 year Leadership experience
- Experience with the daily operations of a production support organization, Foreign Object Elimination, Calibration and Budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of employees, management and customers
- Ability to follow FOE/FOD procedures and policies.
- Ability to coordinate delivery of calibration tools to and from calibration lab
- Ability to coordinate with various engineering, quality and customers
- Ability to coordinate with onsite supplier for delivery of equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) to customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.