Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
A Mechanical Engineer level candidate provides support to an assigned program under supervision of a Lead Engineer. Under that supervision, the candidate engineer will:
- Research, develop, design, test, and document mechanical structures/components.
- Maintain and improve existing mechanical, electromechanical components, equipment, and system designs for integration.
- Apply sound mechanical engineering principles and techniques.
- Plan, perform, and direct engineering activities to ensure the design, integration, and testing conform to mechanical design specifications and requirements.
- Responsible for gathering, maintaining, formatting, compiling, and analyzing technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produce engineering documentation, reports, drawings, flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics.
- Conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluations or analysis.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a STEM discipline with a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience; OR 3 years of experience with a Master's of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 0 years with a PhD
- Active Secret Security clearance
- Experience with Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering design fundamentals
- Ability to read and generate engineering drawings to fabricate component parts and assemblies
- Candidate should possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have basic problem solving skills and computer skills with standard word processing/spreadsheet experience.
- Candidate must be able to listen effectively, take direction, and possess initiative to accomplish assigned tasks and complete work in a timely fashion.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.