At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Final Assembly Inspector 3 to support our site located in Palmdale, CA.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Visually and physically inspect in process and completed composite structure(s), systems and electrical installations for conformance to engineering requirements using a variety of precision measurement equipment and inspection tools to include micrometers, calipers, ball gages, flashlights, mirrors, ohm meters, laser gauges and depth gages.
- Structure inspections include location, gap verification, shim installation, hole drilling, fastener installation, sealing and coatings.
- System installations include tube, hose, valve, fastener installation, sealing and coatings common to hydraulic, pneumatic and fuel systems.
- Electrical installations include route, clamping, string tie, connector mating, pin insertion, crimping and coatings.
- Locate, identify and accurately document nonconforming product/material at time of discovery per applicable procedures.
- Visually and physically inspect rework and repair for compliance per engineering requirements.
- Mentor technicians on nonconforming product/material discovered during inspection to include engineering requirements, how to identify the nonconformance and process improvement.
- Develop, promote, and maintain collaborative team environment with fellow inspectors, support organizations and customers.
- High School Diploma plus a total of four (4)years of Aerospace Mechanical and/or Quality Assurance work experience to include at least two (2) years within Quality.
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule.
- Must be able to work around composites, epoxies, and sealants for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical and repetitious work to include climbing, bending, crawling, stooping, and kneeling, lifting, working with arms overhead, leaning and laying.
- Must be able to Lift, grip, push, pull and hold 25+ pounds.
- Must be able to work in and around Confined spaces to include but not limited to fuel tanks and ducts.
- Must be able to push and pull own body weight to enter and exit confined spaces.
- Must have an in-scope Active Secret Clearance, within 5 years of last investigation and ability to obtain and maintain a Special Program Access.
- Experience in aircraft structures, systems or electrical.
- Aircraft quality experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Must display strong leadership skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538095Posted: 2020-07-14