Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a WAN Network Engineer 3 who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail. Description of Work:
• Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design for large multi-data center enterprise network with over 1,700 remote locations.
• Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
• Manage Cisco PRIME environment to perform configuration audit and compliant
• Configure and maintain Ansible and Ansible Tower automation Platform.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Develop uniform operation procedures to maintain and update configuration and operating system of the networking equipment.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Engineering or related STEM discipline and 5 years of relative experience OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Engineering or related discipline and 3 years of relative experience. An additional 4 years of applied of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of Python and PERL scripting experience on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux or UNIX platform
- Minimum of 1 year of Cisco PRIME or SolarWind experience
- Minimum of 1 year of commonly used automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification
- Prior hands on experience with Cisco networks.
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations.
- Experience with version control (CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Strong understanding of and compliance with IT development process (SDLC).
- Experience with commonly used tools such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.