Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description:
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Program Manager 2 to lead execution of all phases of program performance, from inception through completion, for select programs based in Edwards, CA. Successful candidate primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystem. Additional responsibilities are, but not limited to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience (or Master's and 3 years experience) supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries.
- Applicants must possess at least 5 years prior leadership experience of rated aviation workforce covering both operations and maintenance aspects.
- 5 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- 5 years prior experience leading organizational, intermediate, or depot level logistics and sustainment operations of major defense weapons systems.
- 5 years prior experience managing the maintenance and support of delivered products including spares availability; product reliability, maintainability, and testability; support equipment; training systems; prognostics and health management; field and fleet support; and program support management.
- 5 years prior experience in planning and executing a quality management system to satisfy program/project quality requirements.
- 5 years prior experience to plan, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
- Must be a US citizen and hold a minimum active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission is a condition of employment.
- DoD top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of and experience in an Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538128Posted: 2020-06-04