Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is looking for you to join our team as a General Manufacturing Manager (2nd shift) based out of our Rancho Carmel Facility in San Diego, CA.
The General Manufacturing Manager 1 is responsible for executing strategic business goals while collaborating with engineering and program management in order to meet customer and program commitments.What You'll Get to Do
- Supervisory or management responsibilities for more than one functional area in the Manufacturing and Production job family.
- Manages a segment of a program or a function
- Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing mgmt guidelines & general policies.
Operations Manager responsibilities include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BS degree from an accredited institution with 5 or more years work experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Must have 1-3 yrs of experience managing, developing and leading people and/or projects within Manufacturing
- Prior experience with Line Scheduling
- Prior experience with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government issued security clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- BS degree in an Engineering or STEM related discipline.
- Understanding of Electro-mechanical Assembly and Cable Assembly.
- Experience with driving employee development.
- Experience with SAP and other shop floor control systems.
- Proficient in ESD training and certifications.
- Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspxAdditional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world. Our Values
. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility
. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.