Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr Prncpl Engr RF Microwv Dsgn. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This will include development, production and deployment of Command & Launch Communications Equipment hardware, software and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, or products. Includes antenna design, both reflector and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential functions:
• RF hardware testing and, design and analysis using computer aided design (CAD)
• Proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation
• Conducting electrical trades
• Tolerance and stability analysis and test data analysis for respective hardware designs
• Coordinate among multiple disciplines to balance requirements
• Finalize the electrical design, support prototype and final hardware build & test
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- 9 Years with BS; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
- Familiarization with DoD systems and subsystems (e.g. weapons platforms, C2ISR platforms, SATCOM, IFF, RADAR, radios, data links, munitions).
- Design and analyze communications systems for RF applications. (Experience with RF analyses such as link budgets, digital modulation/coding, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, etc.).
- Ability to use standard co-site analysis tools such as ANSYS EMIT.
- Ability to analyze RF systems and networks using modeling and simulation tools such as MATLAB and Keysight SystemVue, Finite Element Modeling tools for antennas and electromagnetics such as ANSYS HFSS and Altair FEKO.
- Experience with software defined radios.
- Experience with Line of Sight (LOS) analysis tools such as STK.
- Experience with deployment of DoD Systems such as IFF, Radar Systems, Radio Communications, Data Links, Munitions, Electronic Warfare, Aircraft Representation Experience with RF measurement test equipment such as: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, noise figure meters, signal generators, digital control.
- RF test or RF design background with hands on troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Communication Systems and ICBMs is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.