Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSpace). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a senior level Staff Systems Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Functions of the role include:
- Leading a team of I&T engineers during integration and test activities while serving as a technical subject matter expert
- Support the test design process along with the design, analysis and fabrication of specialty test equipment required for tests
- Help develop and execute the integrated test strategy of the program. Collaborate with other IPTs to define test objectives and requirements for test activities in the System Integration Labs.
- Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports. Execute qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
- Interact with the customer and program leadership to define and maintain the technical baseline.
- Able to effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers, technical peers and customers
- Produce test conops flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent engineering discipline); 12 years of relevant experience with an engineering Masters' degree; 9 years of relevant experience with an engineering PhD
- Active Secret Clearance with completed investigation within the last 6 years
- Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
- Knowledge and use of instrumentation and DAS type systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills; works well in a team environment within all levels of the test integrated team structure.- Previous leadership experience
- Experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Able to read/generate, interpret and use layout and production drawings and CAD models. Direct experience using NX and/or CATIA V5. Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals and CPLM
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538143Posted: 2020-06-04