At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The NG Philadelphia site is part of the Northrop Grumman Marine Systems Business Unit (Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA), which reports up through Maritime/Land Systems and Sensors Division at NG Mission Systems. Located at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, the NG Philadelphia site has unique capabilities to assemble, integrate, and test very large and complex machinery for marine applications
This role will serve as the lead Program Manager responsible for the execution of a Corporate Priority Watch List program at the Northrop Grumman Philadelphia site. This individual will have responsibility for the cost, schedule, and technical execution of this high-visibility program that is beginning its transition from development to initial production. In addition to all aspects of program execution, this individual will interface directly with a broad customer community to communicate status, help create strategic value (both internally and externally), and foster customer intimacy and trust.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business related discipline with 9+ years of experience or a Master's degree in a technical or business related discipline with 7+ years of experience.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Candidates must have demonstrated professional management experience and skills, leading cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across numerous functional teams at multiple NG sites, and with external customers.
- Background and experience in engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Master's degree in engineering or management discipline.
- Technical experience and familiarity with mechanical processes.
- Experience in working with suppliers or subcontractors executing complex efforts.
- Significant experience in direct customer interaction in a program management (or equivalent) role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.