Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking a iReturn Electronics Engineer to join a team designing power conversion systems for military applications
This position will be located in Sykesville, MD and support the Power/Control Systems organization within the Power Conversion Technology Department. The candidate would work with senior Power Electronics Engineers for design of module level and system level electrical circuits.
The applications consist of Prime Power Equipment and Machinery Control Systems. The candidate would be responsible for creating circuits and documenting them in a schematic capture tool as part of the electrical design. The candidate would also be responsible for the design of test tools for manufacturing check out of the system after build completion and support of any production issues during initial build. The preferred candidate would have experience with printed wiring boards (PWBs) and circuit card assemblies (CCAs) either in testing them or designing them.
Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. This cohort program will approximately run from August - December and prepare candidates for an effective re-entry into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
- Career Break of a minimum of 2 years
- Experience applying Electrical Engineering principles to design or test electrical systems
- Standard MS Office software, e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
- Experience in the Power Electronics field
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues or support of operations with manufacturing issues
- Experience using electrical design tools for modeling and simulation of circuits
- Experience using schematic capture tools for printed wiring board development or testing of printed wiring boards
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538158Posted: 2020-06-04