Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Contracts Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Rolling Meadows, IL location.
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce.
iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on
giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. This cohort program will approximately run from August - December and prepare candidates for an effective re-entry into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
Learn more about the iReturn program here
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Contracts management team that is engaged with proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration to meet our customer's mission needs. The Contracts Administrator performs tasks that ensure proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications for one or more programs to meet the requirements of the contract(s) and business.
Applicant must be a self-starter with the ability to review contractual documents with minimum supervision. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Some travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Contract administration includes reviewing contract documents and advising management, internal organizations, and customers of contractual rights, risks, and obligations.
• Compilation and analyses of data and responses to data calls
• Maintain historical contract files
• Facilitation of proper shipment, billing, and payment collection
• Interfacing with customer representatives as required. Daily interaction with customer representatives is expected.
• Preparation of weekly/monthly reports and maintenance of the contracts and accounting system (SAP)
• Duties also include the preparation of proprietary information agreements, teaming agreements, export licenses/agreements and various types of memoranda.
- Bachelors' degree in Business or Law
- 4 or more years professional experience with a current career break of at least two years.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- SAP experience
- Experience with different contract types is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538178Posted: 2020-06-04