At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary Command and Control Systems that impact warfighters around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy. We look for innovative individuals who have bold new ideas and a pioneering spirit to invent the future. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and a drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager 1 based in Huntsville, AL to join our team.
The candidate will support technical execution within the program portfolio and functional management responsibility for approximately 12-15 Software Engineers.
• Conduct mid-year and annual performance reviews
• Provide frequent performance feedback to direct reports
• Ensure and progress career growth and development plans
• Staff open positions within the system definition and architecture functional discipline
• Support Engineering Organizational Goals and Initiatives.
• Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment ensuring personnel follow well-defined processes.
• This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance.
•Bachelor of Science with 9 years of relevant work experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of relevant work experience; PhD with 4 years of relevant work experience
•Experience leading a team of software engineers in software development deliverables and processes
•Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
•Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including team building and navigation, personal and career development, technical and inter-personal problem resolution, work planning and allocation
•Experience supporting all phases of the program lifecycle
•The ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance
• Experience leading and managing small teams
• Demonstrated behavior as a driver for change and continuous improvement
•Agile and/or DevSecOps experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538207Posted: 2020-06-04