Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a System Operations Engineer, Principal to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA
This system operations engineer will interface with software, hardware, and system design engineers and end users to develop system operations and fault management products for spacecraft and ground systems.
--CONOPS development, CONOPS implementation, operation procedures and software script development and validation, using the system simulator, training material and simulation scenario development
--Support the coordination and execution of system test tasks and other engineering events
--Perform technical planning, system integration, verification, validation, cost & risk, and effectiveness analysis for total system
--Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 5+ years of experience in Engineering OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 3+ years of experience in Engineering OR
- PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.