Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Operations Program Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us to advance your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce. iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. This cohort program will approximately run from August - December and prepare candidates for an effective re-entry into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
Learn more about the iReturn program here
This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering team supporting production, business, Depot repairs and other processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. The applicant performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management and process reengineering. The incumbent may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal and external customers with respect to product planning, problem resolution and process improvement. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM, Technical, engineering or manufacturing field
- Minimum 5 years related experience and a current career break of 2+ years.
- Experience in working on teams and projects.
- Working knowledge of supply chain principles
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint and Word).
- U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum 6 years of experience in manufacturing environment, such as production, materials management, supply chain, planning and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), production planning and material management.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with upper levels of management.
- Strong knowledge of Earned Value reporting and analysis.
- Experience with proposal generation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.