Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Tactical Space Systems Division Group is seeking a mid to senior level Administrative Assistant to the Engineering and Products VP, Supply Chain and Operations Directors. The administrative assistant will oversee office operations and perform a variety of tasks to facilitate communications, and support the daily routine and effective management of the Engineering and Products, Supply Chain and Operations business units.
Roles and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant will include (but not be limited to) the following: Primary Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Engineering and Products, Supply Chain and Operations executives to manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings to include all logistics, order supplies, book and coordinate travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports.
- Provide projects and key initiatives support, including: collect and consolidate sensitive and confidential information to prepare reports, interact with many different levels within the company to ensure actions are completed timely.
- Coordinate staff meetings, teleconferences, answering telephones, screening calls and forwarding messages.
NoVASpaceQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- HS diploma and 6 years of executive administrative support or a combination of 6 years of education and experience.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills with knowledge and ability to perform V-Lookup, pivot tables, formulas, and macros and create and edit presentations.
- Intermediate experience using SharePoint and ability to create, edit and maintain a SharePoint site.
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects/initiatives, changing needs, and competing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interface with executive level internal and external contacts with considerable autonomy.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with an ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse workforce.
- Must possess a high level of integrity when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven success as a team player and collaborator and ability to work with all levels of management and administrative support.
- Proven success driving resolution and results and eagerness to learn in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI level security clearance.
- Experience and proficiency with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system.
- Active or current Secret or higher level clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.