Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Carpenter to join our team at the Promontory, Utah facility, working directly under the guidance of one or more Journey level carpenters. Associate Carpenters perform many of the same tasks as veteran Carpenters including, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, as well as new construction of on-plant facilities. The select candidate may perform easier jobs on their own, and act as a helper on more complex jobs while learning the trade.
* Demonstrate safe work habits and knowledge of safety rules while performing job functions
* Ability to listen, learn, follow instructions and conform to local building codes under the supervision of a qualified Journeyman carpenter
* Follow through on verbal and written work orders as directed by supervision
* Ability to safely use hand and power tools, use personal protective equipment, and maintain job site safety
* Perform a variety of related carpentry and repair duties at various job sites as required. For example:
o Installation of commercial doors,
o Concrete work - new and repair
o Sheetrock - installation and repair
o Framing - wall and roof
o Finish work
* Complete designated classroom training on own time and without compensation within the established time period to obtain journeyman certification Qualifications :Preferred Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- High School or Vocational School courses in shop, mathematics, and drafting
- Experience in construction or home refurbishment
Competencies for Success:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0 to 2 years of related experience
- Successful candidate must be able to obtain a clearance for the Federal Safe Explosives Act (SEA).
- U.S. citizen or proof of legal residency
- Pass substance abuse screening
- Safety First attitude.
- Detailed oriented and a preference for hands-on craft work.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement efforts.
- A strong work ethic that demonstrates initiative and ambition to become proficient in all job duties
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.