Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) engineer. This position will complete Guidance, Navigation, and Control tasks related to the development and support of mission operations processes and procedures for customer space missions.
This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
The specific responsibilities include:
• Support algorithm development, mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft GNC related activities and procedures for space missions.
• Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations.
• Planning and verifying spacecraft maneuvers and executing real-time telemetry analysis.
• Support on-orbit anomaly resolution.
• Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage, and generation of data analysis reports. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and 14+ years of experience (Master's Degree and 12+ years of experience).
- US Citizen
- Active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Must have experience developing software in one of the following languages: MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, and/or STOL programming languages.
- Master's degree in STEM.
- Experience in spacecraft GNC subsystem design, analysis, and testing.
- Experience implementing GNC algorithms on embedded systems.
- Control systems analysis, including time and frequency domain techniques, linear and nonlinear control design, covariance analysis, and the design and tuning of Kalman filters for attitude determination and relative navigation.
- Missions involved with rendezvous and proximity operations.
- Must have experience developing software in one of the following languages: MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, Perl, and /or STOL programming languages.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.