The Principal Product Trainer plans, develops, and coordinates product training programs for Northrop Grumman and the Navy customers. This includes but is not limited to obtaining information needed to prepare training programs; preparing training materials; developing course content; and coordinating the development of training aids. The Product Trainer conducts subsystem training courses and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities and collaborates with different functional groups such as engineering to gain for their technical expertise. As a course content developer it is the Product Trainer's responsibility to continuously revises lesson plans to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
The role of the Product Trainer is to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Oversee and manage the creation and maintenance of formal curricula and other training services for the submarine fleet.
- Coordinates in house and customer training of the launcher and associated subsystems.
- Support the technical training at the field sites
- Review and approve updates to existing course content; determine and approve methodology; and oversee the development of training aids.
- Attend various training meetings as required by the SSP customer
- Provide business management support by reviewing the status of projects, budgets, manage schedules, prepare status reports and recommend strategies to meet schedules.
- Provide contract support by providing input to the ULS contract for the training services program, this includes but is not limited to preparing SOW, BOE, labor estimates, travel estimates and participating in fact-finding with the SSP customer.
- Provide strategic direction to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 5+ years of relevant work experience, or a Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Experience reading and interpreting government or military specifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a clearance
- Experience with U.S. Navy Training and Curriculum development tools
- Experience providing technical training to end users
- Experience as a U.S. Navy Master Training Specialist
- Working knowledge of customer compliance documents, government instructions, and government standards
- Knowledge of government contracts and related documents
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538260Posted: 2020-07-14