At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Field to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located at Edwards Air Force Base in the Lancaster/Palmdale, CA area in support of the F-35 Lightning II Program!
The selected candidate will be assigned to the Logistics & Modernization organization as an F-35 Air Vehicle Field Support Engineer (FSE). The candidate will act as the Northrop Grumman technical interface and on-site company representative to the customer in resolving issues arising from operations, maintenance, modifications and other logistics and engineering support activities involving the F-35 aircraft.
The candidate will serve as an integrated team member and will be a Vehicle System and Mission Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) who has the skillset to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of the F-35 aircraft Vehicle Systems and Mission Systems.
In this role, selected candidate will be expected to:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Be a self-starter, work without direct supervision
- Integrate into a high tempo military aircraft testing environment
- Provide recommended engineering and aircraft maintenance guidance to military and civilian maintainers and depot technicians and engineers with confidence and authority
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, fault isolation and technical data and other available engineering data as well as analyze aircraft subsystem maintenance issues
- Operate and maintain test equipment to gather and provide advanced aircraft health reporting codes to engineering IPTs for advanced troubleshooting
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations and modifications in accordance with customer specifications, technical data and other requirements
- Document maintenance activities, collate data to identify emerging failure trends and provide recommendations to reduce equipment down time, improve maintenance practices and advise on maintenance tasks
- Identify technical issues and recommend solutions to support the F-35 engineering disposition process and technical data updates
- Manage, track multiple engineering and logistic support activities, and provide periodic status to customers and program management team
- Provide authorized engineering products to supplement published engineering technical data
- Combine engineering knowledge with real world aircraft maintenance experience
- Conduct training and provide product briefings to customers, vendors, and company representatives
- Author recommended technical data updates and/or assist customer with recommendations
- Support program technical interchange meetings and program plans development relating to problem analysis, engineering dispositions and in-house technical support
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and engage with military aircrew and aircraft maintainers on a regular basis to resolve maintenance issues that would otherwise lead to aircraft downtime
- Work any shift, weekends, overtime and holidays, if necessary, as well as travel on Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY's) to support F-35 program requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance/manufacturing experience; additional 4 years' related engineering type experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- F-35 or F-22 aircraft experience including cockpit operations
- Field service or prior military experience
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting of aircraft Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems
- Experience with fifth generation aircraft avionics (DAS, EW, GPS, INS, and CNI)
- Working knowledge of engineering tools such as CATIA, VAS, VA, PDM and JEDI
- Demonstrated performance in an Integrated Flight Test environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.