Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Structural Engineer in support of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position will be permanently located in Roy, Utah with some travel to El Segundo, California. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The candidate will coordinate with multiple technical disciplines and design metallic structures to support missile programs and advanced technologies.
• Design producible metallic primary and secondary structure and release/maintain products through CPLM
• Create and maintain Product Definition Packages, and assisting the team lead in mentoring and maintaining progress of team assignments.
• Candidate will work in close partnership with analysis, manufacturing, specialty engineering, as well as with suppliers, and other IPTs to define design requirements.
• This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and will interface equally with program leadership and junior engineers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of related structural design experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of structural design experience, or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience with 3D modeling software with industry standard CAD software such as CATIA, NX
- Experience designing composite and metallic primary structures and creating 2D &3D drawings with GD&T.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all engineering disciplines and levels of leadership
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CPLM process (Team Center). Creating PDP packages and going through the lifecycle of the release process.
- Experience with "clean-sheet" new design.
- Ability to create tools to automate common reoccurring tasks and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.