Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a System Administrator. This position will be located in Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The System Administrator is responsible for installation, configuration, and day to day operation of the GBSD Command and Launch Systems Integration Laboratory. As a System administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the C&L Software and Test Team. Using DevOps and Agile methodologies you will be constantly optimizing systems and services for security, automation, and performance/availability, while ensuring solutions developed adhere and align to the baseline systems designs, configuration management, and architecture standards. You will work closely in a DevOps environment with the program personnel to ensure smooth execution of continuous integration and test.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
This position may be filled at either a Principal Systems Administrator or Sr. Principal Systems Administrator level.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Administrator: requires 5 years experience with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience; or 7 Years with Masters; or 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 6 years of experience supporting Linux operating systems as a Systems Administrator
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc) for Agile development and continuous integration
- Linux (Redhat) (Servers and Workstations)
- Support system hardening, vulnerability scanning, and cyber initiatives where required. Familiar with applying STIG settings and ACAS/Nessus.
- Security+ Certification
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- Active DoD Secret
- Automation via scripting (e.g. Perl, Python, etc)
- Basic hands on experience supporting network device installation/troubleshooting (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Real-time O/S on Single Board Computers
- Experience operating test lab systems.
- Experience documenting configuration of systems, including troubleshooting approach/methodology
- Experience with command and control, missile, launch, and/or warning systems
Preferred DoD Secret Clearance closed within last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.