Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator Manager 2 to join our team in Clearfield, UT.
The Subcontracts Manager will be a part of the Tactical Air Systems OU and will be responsible for managing a geographically dispersed subcontracts team, which includes 8 Subcontract Administrators and Procurement Specialists that support the several programs. Roles and Responsibilities:
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Develops and manages the development of subcontract and procurement strategies, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Prepares and oversees the development of bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to multi task and manage time efficiently.
This position requires the ability and willingness to develop talents of subordinates. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting, selecting, training, assessing performance, and assigning work of subordinates. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Business Administration or related field
- 10 years of government contracting/subcontracting experience. A minimum of 3 years of the experience in a management role
- Experience in the following areas: working collaboratively within a diverse team environment and across multiple disciplines; project management; developing price and cost analyses and negotiating high dollar, complex proposals, awarding and administering critical subcontracts; and briefing program and functional leadership
- Understanding/knowledge of: Integrated Master Schedule and dependencies; cost reimbursement, fixed price, time and material type subcontracts including the development of unique incentives; terms and conditions negotiations and technical documents definition; CPSR; and DFAR/FAR
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and SAP
- 3+ years of experience managing and/or leading teams
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to thoroughly review a subordinate's procurement file to ensure compliance with Supply Chain Policies and Procedures and FAR
- Must be able to determine supplier's proposal compliance with TINA and CAS
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and apply concepts
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions with subcontractors
- Ability to effectively engage supplier and NG senior leadership to resolve issues, including managing supplier's performance
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- Defense Industry experience as a Program or Project Manager, Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Manager or Manufacturing Management
- Lean / Six Sigma Black Belt certification to drive continuous improvement
Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.