Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager, Engineering 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Palmdale, CA.
The Specialty Test Team at PAICoE is looking for a Specialty/Structural Test Engineering Manager 1 to lead a multi-disciplined non-exempt technician team through various phases of full-scale structural testing. The selected candidate will be directly responsible for supervision of the team, assignment of work schedules, day-to-day flow, and earned value tracking. The selected candidate will monitor work operations of non-exempt employees on a daily basis and actively assist and provide direction to subordinates as required. Additionally, the selected candidate will execute department procedures that typically affect individual employees within this department and ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded confident and resourceful individual. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, be results oriented and be capable of supervising and managing a multiple variety of assignments in a dual role as a Functional and Technical supervisor/manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Supervision of discrete work packages, execution and schedule.
- Manage crew assignments, recurring and non-recurring tasks
- Day-to-day Test supervision, planning and execution
- Prioritize and de-conflict schedule, resources and talent allocation.
- Develop, document and implement processes and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure test execution, objective / requirements compliance and data validity
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of related experience in structural test or a minimum of 7 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance, in-scope within the last 6 years, preferred.
- 5 years of Structural Test experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 559538290Posted: 2020-06-11