Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team. Store Supervisor In TrainingFull Time Opportunities Available!Summary
Train in the area of Supervising store operations such as loading and unloading of trailers, processing of textiles, wares processing, quality control, rotation, sales and operations in preparation for a direct supervisor role. Continue to perform all retail sales functions, select and price donated goods and textiles to be sold in retail stores according to the Retail Procedures Manual as needed. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Train and become proficient with assisting store manager in processing of donated goods and sales to achieve revenue budget and expense to revenue (E/R).
- Assume training and supervision of employees and volunteers in procedures on an as-needed basis.
- Provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner (greeting, selling, telephone, etc.)
- Must work a flexible schedule to comply with the needs of the store, such as covering shifts for absent employees.
- Continue to inspect textiles, furniture, appliances, small household wares, novelty items, books, toys, decorations and sporting goods to determine sale ability ensuring Goodwill quality control standards are met (textiles, misc., furniture).
- Must maintain the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned by Manager, Assistant or Supervisor and maintaining an enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
Direct supervision of employees and volunteers in absence of Store Manager, Assistant Manager, or Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Education Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Management experience preferred but not required. Qualifications
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.